The first Bronco’s family restaurant was opened at 30th & Fort Streets in 1959 by “Bronco Billy” Barnes. It was Omaha’s first locally owned and operated fast-food restaurant at a time when “fast-food” was an entirely new concept. Business was good, and the first restaurant was followed about 3 years later by the 45th and Leavenworth location. In 1967, the restaurant at 72nd & Pacific was opened, and the restaurant at 120th & Pacific was opened in 1974.
Omaha is the only place on earth to get a Big Bronco Burger, and Bronco’s is still the only non-franchise fast food outlet in Omaha that is locally owned and operated. In spite of all the high-tech advances in fast-food preparation, Bronco’s still makes our own french fries daily from fresh, whole potatoes. We use only fresh — not frozen — 100% ground beef, and we cut and bread our pork tenderloins fresh daily, as well as preparing our own chicken. We’ve been doing so for over 50 years! And we’ll keep doing it as long as our loyal friends in Omaha keep coming in for an inexpensive, quick, hot and fresh meal!